Home Remedies for Winter Skincare
Approaching towards October means we are close enough to our winter skincare routine. Oh Winter!! It’s the days filled with socks and hot chocolates, long movie nights with ordered in food and then comes the uninvited guest – Mr. & Mrs. Dry Skin (Xerosis).
They creep into our lives with such pigheadedness that we feel dreadful to have entered that season every year. It makes us stressed out and sometimes in pain with those chappy lips and what not.
Today that’s why we are here to get some simple home remedies for dry skin which will make you feel proud of having the perfect winter skincare routine.
I am so fed up of my Dry Skin!!!…..
Well! If not taken care properly, dry skin might result in giving you some major skin disease and later on require the help of the professionals. But, the sooner you take care of them the better they turns out to be.
The first thing to remember while taking care of your winter dry skin is to keep your face or body fully moisturized. Moisturizing is the key to all and my dear all who doesn’t like that?
Why we recommend using simple home remedies to get rid of Dry Skin?
Since here you are dealing with your skin, the best way to start is to go in the simplest way possible. Here are some of the best ways skin tips to get rid of that winter scratchy skin.
1. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is the best moisturizer one can ever find. Not only my Grandmum but my Mum uses it and to be honest the results are just flawless. Coconut has such properties (emollient) that helps to keep your skin quite hydrated and less dry or itchy. The results that you will get are quite wholesome. You cause it after baths and into all parts of your body. Always try to use extra virgin coconut oil.
2. Oatmeal: If you are looking for something that leaves your skin smooth and soothing right after your bath then try taking a good oatmeal bath. Oatmeal works as an exfoliator and after use keeps your skin really supple and healthy.
3. Aloe Vera: The savior of every skin or hair related problem of ours us the Aloe Vera. Name anything and Dear Aloe has the remedy to it. Try applying Aloe Vera to the dry parts of your body and you will be surprised how well your dry skin has turned out to be.
4. Honey: Apart from a sugar substitute honey is also an important aspect to treat your winter dry skin. Just mix it with some papaya and make a pack. Apply it over your face or parts of the body that feels dry and rinse it after the pack feels dry enough. You will notice instant smoothness that will be hard to resist touching. Likewise you can also use it with some yogurt and go through the same process.
5. Petroleum Jelly: This is an old but gold product that will never disappoint you. Due to its high moisturizing properties, the effect on the dry skin is marvelous. Just put some into your face, cracked lips, heels or knees and you can experience a soft skin later. This is a must-have during winters.
These are just few among many but are the most effective ones. Usage of all the above will make your skin worries go away like “poof”. Apart from these, you can take better care of your skin by applying some shea butter lotions too. They can give you a lasting fragrance along with the smoothness for a longer period of time. Keeping in track of your food intake is also a must! Now your winters are going to be less troublesome.