Places to visit near Guwahati
You are probably wondering which are the places to visit near Guwahati to go next this coming weekend. Going to the same old cafes might get exhausting at times and you might require a change in track for your outing plans. Here, are some of the off-beat places to visit near Guwahati you need to take into your ‘Must-Visit List’.
Sometimes it gets important to look for places where you connect more with nature and less with your online world you need to plan getaways and mostly away from the city hustle.
1. Ranikhamar – Friends or family this place is one of those that are near to your city and also gives you a retreat feel. Situated in Kamrup District it is a wonderful village situated in Chayani Barduar Block. A little tip at the end is that, if you are looking to trek or hike and get the best out of the trio then this is a must-visit place.
2. Satargaon – An adopted Rabha Village with so much love and freshness around. A day can be well spent at this place. You can go wander in the village and stay at the local homestays. Also, there is a camping option available for you to sit back and go in incognito mode and give yourself a reboot switch. There is a beautiful hiking site too to go to in the morning and treat yourself to a spectacular view.
3. Garbhanga- Situated 16 km away from Guwahati city Garbhanga should also make a way in your list. It is a township sharing borders with Meghalaya and has a very rich flora and fauna which gives it a perk for all nature lovers.
4. Parvati Pahar- The hilltop mountain situated in Boko,Assam around 68 km from Guwahati named Parvati Pahar gives you a breathtaking sunset view. If you are the kind of person who loves to dive into an orangey-hue mood then maybe this is the place you should go for.
5. Zizina Resort- Now that we are talking about places, sometimes it might occur to you to just go and relax without anything to do. In that case, you can opt for resorts near Guwahati and one such is Zizina Resort. It is situated in Morigaon and has a very rawness to it. There are various amenities such as lawns and kids’ play areas etc.
6. Brahmaputra Jungle Resort – Located in Sonapur, Assam this is a lovely jungle-themed resort perfect for friends and family getaways. The ambiance and food make it a worthwhile experience and moreover, there is a mini waterfall, a pond, and a tea garden view add-on.
7. Aarian Woods Resort- An amazing wooden room resort near Guwahati shouldn’t be skipped from your list. Aarian Resort is one of the favorites in terms of getaways. The ethnic food and the surroundings of the resort make it an amazing option.
8. Chandubi Jungle Camp – This camp is situated at Chandubi Lake and is a must-try if you are into tranquil yet safe camping options. There are also some rooms available apart from tents to make your stay even safer. After a brief boat ride, you can enjoy some walks in this camping ground, have food at their restaurant, or can cook and have an amazing getaway.
These are just a few among many of the unexplored places to visit near Guwahati. Because Guwahati itself is a place with many hidden natural treasures that are yet to be explored and many resort/camping sites are coming too. We have just jotted down some of our liked ones. Try them and let us know how your experience was.