Top 10 World Famous Dishes Everyone Must Try
Pizza, biryani, donuts, noodles, sushi, samosa, tacos, French toast…drooling already!? Well ofcourse, who will not feel hungry seeing the most popular dishes in the world. The world of food is the most versatile one, most attractive, most discoverable and near and dear to everyone. Whether it be an easy everyday food like rice, bread, noodle, salad, sandwich, omlet, soup or dishes with difficult cooking techniques or that are generally consumed occasionally like biryani, pie, cassoulet, alaska, turducken etc.- every food, every recipe has its own position in the minds of different people. If a dish is favourite of yours it might not be much loved by your dad, or your mom might have a totally different taste. If you like to have momos in the evening, your twin sister might like a piece of chocolate cake with a hot cup of coffee in the evening. Favourite dishes differ for everyone. But there comes some best dishes in the world, which can’t be denied by anyone. These famous foods around the world can be considered as the flag bearer of their country’s cuisine.
Given are the 10 most famous dishes in the world by countries–
- Biryani, India- Biryani is considered as one of the most delicious dishes in the world. The original biryani recipe is one of the most laborious dishes to try for. The origin of biryani is considered to be from among the Muslims of India. It is kind of a one pot dish consisting of rice, masalas, herbs, vegetables, meat and more.
- Pizza, Italy- Is Monalisa by Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci more famous or the Italian pizza? Well, that’s really difficult to say! Because the craze for pizza all over the globe is so much that even a three years old can identify and say that his/her favourite is pizza! Tasty toppings over the soft flat bread can be anyone’s mood lifter, comfort food and even perfect for small parties in the weekends.
- Momo, Nepal- Momo was initially popular and found in Nepal, Tibet and parts of East Asia. It has similarity with the mantou in Chinese cuisine. Momo is made by stuffing meat or vegetables in thin cover of flour and steamed till cooked. It is now a very popular dish all over the globe and considered as the most popular street food in some particular areas globally.
- Popcorn, US- Think how boring a movie will be without popcorn! Whether it’s a PVR or INOX, a home theatre, a Netflix series in your smartphone or just an evening hang out with friends, popcorn can add flavours to your hours. It is one of the top inventions in the food world and hence can be considered as one of the top 10 dishes in the world.
- Samosa, India- This Indian snack too has a top position in the list of best dishes in the world. Samosa is made with potato stuffed in a flour cover and fried till brown and crispy. The crispy cover with salty fried smashed potato with masalas followed by some hot and sweet sauces makes samosa one of the tastiest food in the world.
- Tacos, Maxico- Taco is a Maxican food made out of a small hand sized tortilla topped with different ingredients. The tortilla is then folded and eaten with hand. Beef, pork, seafood, beans, vegetables, cheese etc are often used as stuffing and the outer cover is of corn or wheat. It is one of the most popular Maxican street foods that has been spread all over the world now.
- French toast, Roman Empire- If you search for top 10 famous dishes in the world by countries, it definitely lists French toast. But the exact country of origin is hard to say. French toast has its existence since long back in Roman Empire. But now it is so popular and spread to almost every corner of the globe that in many places they have got their own recipes and names for French toast like- egg toast, Spanish toast, German toast, Mumbai toast etc. The interesting part is that ‘French’ in the name doesn’t really mean ‘from France’. ‘French’ here refers to an Irish word, which means ‘to slice’. French toast is basically bread slices, dipped in beaten eggs and fried in butter or oil.
- Sushi, Japan- Sushi is a Japanese traditional dish which has got recognition over the world now. It is basically vinegared rice mixed with some salt and sugar followed by some seafood or vegetables. The small cubes of sushi are very pretty to look at and a healthy and tasty food to be eaten often.
- Hummus, Middle East- Hummus is a simple recipe to be prepared and consumed as a dip or spread. It is made from boiled smashed chickpea with tahini, garlic and lemon added to it. It is popularly paired with pita bread in Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Fish and Chips, England- Weekend house parties with fish and chips followed by some drinks- Isn’t that sound awesome! Fish and Chips is one of the world famous foods that originated in England. It is basically crispy fried fish served with potato chips. This is so famous worldwide that whether you go to any small or large cafe in the cities, you will find Fish and Chips in their menu for sure.
Well, I am feeling hungry already! Going to grab some delicious food right now. See you soon!